Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A very delayed post

Some random day in the first week of May. Definitely not May 1st, for that was a self declared holiday. But some other day. I arrive at my terminal - and ironically find that the ever regular LW is not at his desk. His terminal is locked. Late, DD will mutter, I think and key in the password on my terminal. It's almost become mechanical now. Frida Chan would be proud.

I swivel round to find DD on my left. As usual he's his business self. And he's got a suitcase packed. That reminds me. It was before the 1st of May. DD planned a four day vacation by taking Friday off too. Yes, people bunk in banks too.

"Yaays. I'll be there awn Mundayy. Haws it goin'?" I'm used to the Aussie accent by now. "OK!"

I turn back to my system, to find that "Mother" has mailed me. Please send me your mid-term feedback, from both your hiring managers and your mentor. I will be sitting with you next week to discuss the same.

I dash off a mail to my mentors - and get back to work. My camera lies in my bag. I decide to ask bossman for permission to take pics.

"Hey NP. I hope you have NP with me taking a few pics around."
"Eh? Pics of what?"
"Ya....like I want to show these four screened computers, and huge trading floor and all that to my friends."
I put on my most kiddish smile and my most pleading eyes ever.
"Yeah. I guess that's cool."
"By the way, I mailed you regarding the feedback..."
"Yeah I got it, let's sit down...."

I went back most sheepishly to my place. Generally you expect people to respond to such questions with "Oh, really?" or "I haven't had the time to look at it....". Here was a boss who actually saw your mails and remembered them. Quite stupid I felt. And more so when "mother" read out the following lines in her heart to heart discussion the next week.

"You get paid not for showing up but for doing trades."
"You need to ask more questions and get more hooked to this."
"You do tend to hustle people up, which can be a pain later."
"You're high maintenance and you ask too many questions."
(Identity of the commentors has been purposefully concealed.)

Anyway there was nothing new on the MK front, except that we convinced good old EM to mail us the key rates update everyday, promising to teach him how to work around Excel. And JJ is still wearing his pink stuff. Nothing much has changed. Except, of course....

Goodbye, LW. I'm sure Merrill made a mistake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!